Saturday, July 14, 2018

Welcome aboard!

Michigan Central Station and me
Today, I've finally decided to launch my own transportation blog and highlight the freedom I enjoy thanks to my multimodal mobility habits. While I know the fight for better transportation options will be a long and challenging one, I'm thrilled to play a part in it. During this process, I hope to have fun, engage in constructive discussions, and make new friends. 

While continuing to report on and analyze important transit, bicycle, and pedestrian-related issues for Mobility Lab, I'll also regularly post here to discuss my day-to-day experiences getting where I need to go, as well as provide "rapid-fire" commentary on breaking transportation news. All views expressed on this site are my own. To learn more about my general views on transportation, which I'd love to receive feedback on, feel free to select and read about any of the issue areas listed in the menu above. 

To get things started, I'll be posting several yet-to-be-published articles that I wrote in the months before I became a Mo Lab contributor. The first of these, discussing transit providers' efforts to "capture" the value of their systems from a baseball fan's perspective, will be live later this afternoon. 

To stay updated, follow me on Twitter at @transitfreedom. And, if you prefer constructive criticism of Washington, DC-area transportation to nonstop negativity about Metro, follow the anonymous @unsuckdccars too! I neither confirm nor deny any involvement in operating this account.   




No comments:

Post a Comment